Thursday, July 17, 2014

Week 2 Catch Up...

It has been a crazy week for me.  Starting Week 2 of camp (really my 6th week of swim camps this summer) and Tuesday I had a job interview for the Varsity Girls Swim Coaching position at Penfield.

I thought the first 2 days of camp were great.

I presented Freestyle and we went over all the components of it.  It was a great "chalk talk".  A lot of great questions and comments.

2 pool sessions lead to some great drills and even better improvements in the water.  Streamlining has come a long way.  These swimmers are really working hard.

Then Tuesday I headed back home for my interview.  The interesting thing about working at Penfield is that for 2 years prior to me working there I coached SO many kids that are from the Penfield School District.  This connection has paid off BIG time, the swimmers know me, know my style.  The funniest thing about my second go around in High School swimming is that I picked up for I left off.  My Student-Athletes swim FAST.  I look at this as a great next challenge.  I have so much respect for the Penfield program and everything that has come before me.  The last 2 years have been great and I would love the opportunity to continue the great work that I started 2 years ago with an incredible coach in Paul Buckner.  I will know soon.  Fingers crossed.

Tuesday was a continuation of Freestyle, comparing and contrasting Sprint, Middle Distance, and Distance.

Wednesday was Backstroke Day and a great day at the lake.

Today we are working on Breaststroke.  We have a great team building exercise tonight and more Hartwick Swim Camp Survivor.

Coach Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment