Friday, June 22, 2012

The "end" of camp is a "new" beginning...

Thursday was a day that I think surprised our campers.  They learned a new way to swim Butterfly that was easier, smarter, and doable.  We did not reinvent the wheel, all the staff did was show them the basics, help them to get the flow and then show them how to train so perfect swimming is the way to go.  Just getting kids to THINK...FEEL....and REACT is a big step.

To often swimmers just "try to survive" when the swim fly.  After Thursday, all things are different.

Friday was a sad but great day.

I am so impressed by this group of campers.  They were so raw, so in need of the basics.  They came to CAL U in one state of being, they left with an incredible understanding of what was needed to be the "best possible U that U can be."

Leaps and Bounds.

The Jersey girls were even better than last year...a lot of talent.  Shout of to Kendra Rae!

I thought it was great to watch all of the kids improve in all 4 strokes.

Thanks to the parents that brought me treats.  As I am writing this blog post, I have a mini pepperoni roll and a Yann dog to eat as a snack.  Chocolate milk to wash it down.  My Fairmont foods as so special.  I need to get my buddy Guy Fieri to go do Fairmont with me to feature these treats!

Enjoy these pics and thanks you all!  1 more week of camp.

The last week will be special as 4 of my swimmers from home visit CAL U for the first time.
Group shot!


Wrapping up a great week.
Swimmer Profile (updated from week 1 to show "family" as a priority...yup in my rush Mental Training was left out.  Check back for the COMPLETE Swimmer Profile in Week 4.

Good Night from Cal U!!!

Coach Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment