Thursday, June 14, 2012

A full day of Smart Swimming

It is so much fun having a captive audience.  We started with the Breaststroke Pull Out then went right into Butterfly.  I continued what we started with last week's group asking how many "hated" Butterfly.  With half the room raising their hands, I promised them that at the end of the day I would ask them again.

When I did ask again they had been introduced to a new thinking when it comes to Butterfly.  No one raised their hand.

It is funny that when kids really understand the secret to swimming fast is know exactly how they need to swim.  That core strength and focus can reshape them in the water.  This is a great group of swimmers, tomorrow we will focus on starts and turns, wrapping up a great week.

The Swimmer Profile...
The "Road Map" to a Smart Pull Out...

1 comment:

  1. Hello Coach Scott! Thanks you for teaching me during the week of June 10th. Your teaching has helped me improve so much! I really hope to see you next year! I have improved at an amazing rate. I love you (as a coach) and I hope you continue inspiring kids like me.

    ~Jacob Coole

    ReplyDelete